Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hammock

Sometimes at night when I am working here by myself... with Hammock playing.. I feel an unknown presence with me. Luring my mind away into another dimension of daydreams. Only a peek into the next chapter of what is to come.. I've been getting these glimpses for 5 years now, when the journey began... The magical thing is, these glimpses are no longer just a daydream, but soon to be reality.  Amidst chaos, my mind has always been able to find solace in a comforting thought.  In a life of uncertainty, it's nice to feel the ground beneath my feet.  Just as long as to run off the edge of the cliff and fly away, across the sea. Deja vu is scary to some, but can be enlightening to most.  I am ready to say goodbye to the chaotic events  held over my head for years. There is nothing most permanently scarring then to be blamed for things in which you never had a voice in the first place.

As the date of departure draws near, I remember why I started in the first place. I remember the pain I used to harbor. Through all the pain, I decided not to point my finger at those around me, but look to myself for the answers, and I am glad they came to me. Depression can be a deep seed to bear when you do not understand it's purpose. Understanding that you are just receptive to those around you, and events to come, are not necessarily sourcing themselves from you, is the most important lesson. Empathy is a powerful thing. A tool both useful and detrimental, to learn about yourself, and your surroundings. Sometimes I feel like being sensitive to these things makes me feel alien to most people in the world. The world that is so concerned about their daily process of money making, robotic life, with no real joy. Only fooling themselves to feel important. When in fact, all the distractions are used to mask their true inner emptiness. I almost feel like through my actions, and living through my heart rather than doing what everyone else, does, should be used as a source of inspiration. Don't be afraid to fail a few times along the way, just remember that you truly have nothing to lose when you have already lost everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment