Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sigur Ros: Glósóli -- Ch. II Music and Memories

Sigur Ros: Glósóli -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8iEJeh26E

Around September 2013 -- After rekindling my wanderlust, returning from Holland and going to France.. . Moving back home,  I wanted to apply to go to school in Finland. I remember these visions as a particularly refreshing feeling, to restart, go somewhere else, the thought of snow seemed to symbolize somewhat of a purification, cleansing of anything remotely depressive of the past. I scrolled through housing options, and when I looked, at them, it's almost as if for a moment, I was there..I'd done these same things looking at places in Tampere a year prior...But the time didn't feel right for that location. Something I'd always wanted to do, but something would always distract me from actually acting on it. It's a feeling that went back to 2009 when I first started feeling I should make some serious changes. This time I made it a point to try.  This was a time I was thinking Vaasa might be right for me. I tried to apply for housing, only to find out a year later, they were overbooked, and that's why I had never received a response. Though, it's just as well..As much as I liked Vaasa when I visited in August, Tampere, was a better fit..Everything is in walking distance, more career opportunities seemed present (don't ask me how I knew, I measured by feeling.) Anyway, going back again 2013 Sept... In the midst of these thoughts, the longing to leave grew strong. It was like the more I ignored the dreams, the feelings, I should go, the more it consumed me trying to bring me back again.

Especially now after my visit, and various series of events, three particular dreams still come to mind.

--One, which occurred in 2011 - this one is only a fragment.. being outside, sun was still up.. looking at my phone to see what time it was, 11:50pm... Looking around me there was a small group of people, Miika included, and saying 'the sun is still up?'...We were at a festival waiting in line.

--The other which occurred in early 2013 -  being led to what looked like a campus, with whom I will be living with, but still heavily forested, led to what looked like a giant rock. He opened it up and there was a giant triangle, and what appeared to be some sort of key. I felt I would be learning something from this person. Either way, it would be something that help me, and him, too.  It always remained somewhat of mystery, especially at that time. I didn't know what it meant yet. I'd almost forgotten of this one until this song made me recall it: The Sounds: Crossing the Rubicon:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFi1QpAFCpc&index=3&list=PLF0AED8D951CAAC8D

" The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" has survived to refer to any individual or group committing itself irrevocably to a risky or revolutionary course of action, similar to the modern phrase "passing the point of no return".

Maybe none less then four days later I found out that he had purchased this instrument, which is of triangular shape... (i.e. Russian Balalaika)




And then, of course, the dream from September 2013 from my previous post: The Perfect Stranger (scroll to last story on page)


All of this unfolded when I listened to Glósóli tonight... It's interesting to reflect every now and then on the unexplainable occurrences in life...In studying psychology I've learned that there is so much that we as humans, sense that cannot be heard, touched, or seen. Rather felt through transmissions of energy. We all contain energy. Energy is not bound by space, nor time.







No comments:

Post a Comment